Friday, September 2, 2011

Beginnings of a Blog

First off, I hope this blog survives. I know that the statistics are bad. Of the blogs I've started, exactly zero of them lasted more than a week. I'm sure I could google and find out that less that 2% of blogs last more than a week, but I just made up that number. Maybe there's hope for me.

Anyway, the way I see it, if you're reading this right now you fall into one of two cases. Either my blog has taken off really big and you're reading this in the archives- in which case, thanks for reading and supporting me for so long;  more likely though, you're one of my close friends and are being nice by checking out this link. I'd love it if you check back and catch up on this occasionally, but I'm not going to be  hurt if you don't ever come back. 

With that out of the way, here's the goal for this blog. I do a lot of things, but my memory is terrible. I've been encouraged by my girlfriend Lauren to keep a journal, but that's hard for me to do. Instead, I've decided that I am going to write a blog about the interesting things I do. That way, it might be fun to read and I'll be able to differentiate the things I've actually done/made from the things I thought about but never did. I intend to post about the furniture I've been making, meals I cook, general projects that I make, computer stuff I'm working on, woodworking stuff and general thoughts about life.

So why should you care?

Frankly, I don't really know :D 

In reality though, I don't expect this being a big blog. I'm hoping to post a DIY instructions and tips and tricks I've learned from various projects. I hope to inspire other people to do projects and I'd be happy if I get to a point where people I don't know are reading my blog. 


If I can keep up with this I think it has potential. If not, I hope this post makes you laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you don't know me, except from Pinterest, but I think blogging is always a great medium for expressing your ideas and recording your thoughts. I have had several blogs over the past few years and, while I do not have a devoted following, I enjoy posting almost every day--less now that I have moved and am trying to get this new house like I want it!

    Good luck on your blog. I am a follower, so I will come back often to see what projects you are working on. :)
    tm

    ReplyDelete